Scholarship Institution and Description For Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships
The Flemish Ministry of Education awards scholarships for master’s programmes in Flanders and Brussels to outstanding students from around the world. The programme aims to promote Flanders and Brussels as a top study destination.
NOTE:- Students cannot apply directly. You need to submit your application to the host institution.
A Master Mind Scholarship includes a grant of €8,400 plus a tuition fee waiver per academic year. Master Mind Scholarship holders only pay an administrative enrollment fee. The Flemish Host Institution can ask the applicant for a tuition fee of maximum €115.80 per year for 2022/23.
The duration of mobility is one academic year for a Master programme of 60 ECTS and two academic years for a master programme of 120 ECTS.
Target group are International students from all countries. There are a number of scholarships reserved for students from certain countries: Japan (3), Mexico (3), Palestine (2), USA (5).
Who is Qualified to Apply For Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships
• The applicant applies to take up a Master degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’).
• The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. The student has a Grade Point Average of 3.5 out of 4.0.
• The student has a good knowledge of the English language (please check the official website for the specific requirements)
• The student has to be accepted by the Host institution to be able to receive the scholarship. Even if the Host institution’s decision to accept the student is taken after the selection of the Master Mind Scholarships programme, this criterion applies.
• The applicant can be nominated by only one Flemish higher education institution. If the applicant is preselected by more than one Flemish higher education institution, he/she has to choose one Flemish higher education institution to submit his/her application into the Mobility Online tool.
• All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
• Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
HOW TO APPLY Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships
STEP 1: Check if you are eligible to apply and if the Flemish institution of your choice participates in the Master Mind Scholarships.
STEP 2: Submit your application to the host institution.
STEP 3: The host institution preselects the eligible applications.
STEP 4: The host institution starts the application procedure for the Master Mind Scholarship by creating your application file in the Mobility-Online application tool.
STEP 5 : You receive an email generated by the Mobility-Online tool notifying you of being preselected for a Master Mind Scholarship.
STEP 6: You register in the Mobility-Online tool and complete your application file in the Mobility-Online tool before the deadline.
Documents to be uploaded:
- Passport photo.
- International passport or national ID.
- A Curriculum Vitae (including your American GPA out of 4.0 and if applicable your publications, academic awards, previous scholarships, etc.) https://www.scholaro.com/gpa-calculator/ (see annex: How to calculate your American GPA)
- Transcript of records; if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
- English language test results or letter of exemption provided by the host university
Letter of motivation written in English.
- Two signed letters of recommendation from professors of your (previous) home university, university of applied sciences (and arts) or recent employer written in English.
- Copy of acquired diploma(s); if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
STEP 7: The host institution validates and submits the completed application file in the Mobility-Online tool before the deadline of midnight on April 29, 2022 GMT+1. Validated applications submitted after midnight on April 29, 2022 GMT+1 will not be accepted.
Do not forget that, you must check the internal deadlines set by the Flemish Host Institution, which varies and falls between 1 February to 6 April 2022.