Chaos outside Morocco vs Portugal as thousands of fans blocked from entering stadium for World Cup clash

NO FANFARE CHAOS erupted outside Morocco’s World Cup quarter-final against Portugal as thousands of fans were blocked from entering the stadium.

There were several empty seats at the Al Thumama Stadium Qatar as Morocco attempted history to become the first African semi-finalists.

Fans arrive outside the Al Thumama Stadium in Doha

Several empty seats were left in the Morocco end
But several reports claimed that supporters were being blocked from entering with riot police being deployed.

See Also :  Cameroon football rocked by age fraud scandal as 21 out of 30 Under-17 players are disqualified after failing MRI tests

Fans complained of ticketing problems at the start of the winter tournament.

Fifa’s online app, in which tickets are activated by bluetooth and result in a QR code, was not working.

It caused Fifa to release a statement after England supporters missed the start of the eventual 6-2 opening game win over Iran.

It read: “Some spectators are currently experiencing an issue with accessing their tickets via the FIFA ticketing app.

See Also :  Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta slams claims he’s a ‘mini Pep’ as mentor Guardiola calls comparison ‘bulls***’ in X-rated rant

“FIFA is working on solving the issue.

“In the meantime, fans who are not able to access their mobile tickets should check the email accounts they used to register with the ticketing app for further instructions.

“In case fans cannot access their email accounts, the stadium’s Ticket Resolution Point will be able to support.
“We thank fans for their understanding as we work to fix the issue as soon as possible.”
By the first quarter of the match, seats slowly began to fill up.

See Also :  Ex-Man Utd star names TEN flops Erik ten Hag must sell in huge summer transfer clearout including £85m buy Antony

Morocco reached the last eight following a shock win over Spain on penalties, while Portugal hammered Switzerland 6-1.

Seats began to fill as the first-half progressed