Scholarship Institution and Description
The Orange Knowledge Programme aims to advance the development of the capacity, knowledge and quality of both individuals as well as organizations both in the field of higher and vocational education and in other fields related to the priority themes in the programme countries.
The Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) offers scholarships funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs available for a selection of:
- Short courses (duration 2 weeks to 12 months);
- Master’s programmes (duration 12 to 24 months).
Events on studying in the Netherlands.
Do you want to study in the Netherlands? Join one of our online Study in Holland fairs free of charge. For more information and registration, please visit our events page.
How to apply
- You cannot apply online on this website. Please follow the steps below and apply through the Dutch education institution of your choice.
- Check if your application falls within the OKP focus areas determined for your country.
Check if you meet the OKP eligibility criteria.
- Find a course on the OKP course list. Please find a study, using the filter ‘Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP)’.
- Ask your employer whether they are willing to nominate you for an OKP scholarship.
- Contact the Dutch education institution of your choice to receive more information about the application procedure, the academic requirements and the link to apply online.
- Prepare your application: employer statement, motivation, passport, government statement (if required).
- During an application round, submit your application online using the link you receive from the Dutch education institution.
Note: Please be aware of the application deadline of the educational institution of your choice.
Requirements For Orange Knowledge scholarship.
A limited number of scholarships is awarded to female and male professionals who are:
- Living and working in an OKP country;
- Proficient in English or French;
- Working in one of the priority areas for their country;
- Can motivate using and transferring their knowledge and experience in their employing organization after their studies;
- Agreeing to the OKP obligations and conditions (133.9 kB).
- For more information on the general eligibility criteria please read:
- OKP information for applicants (168.8 kB) (168.8 kB)
Before you apply, make sure you review the eligibility criteria carefully and check whether your employer is willing to nominate you for the scholarship.
You need to apply directly with a Dutch higher education institution of your choice. Contact the Dutch higher education institution which offers the OKP qualified course of your choice for application procedures.
The Dutch institution can give you more information on the various steps involved in the application and selection procedures, as well as the eligibility criteria. Deadline varies depending on the course and the University.
The 3 candidate application rounds for individual scholarships are:
• Round 1: 2 February-22 March 2022 (for courses starting between between 25 July and 21 November 2022).
• Round 2: 11 May-28 June 2022 (for Short Courses starting between 21 November 2022 and 20 February 2023).
• Round 3: 31 August-11 October 2022 (for Short Courses starting from 20 February 2023 onward and must be completed before 31 August 2023).
It is important to read the OKP information for applicants and visit the official website.
Deadlines of Application Rounds.
You can only apply for a scholarship during an open application round.
The following rounds are expected for 2022:
Round 1 – for master’s and short courses.
– Accepting applications between 2 February – 22 March 16.00 CET.
– Both master’s and short courses should start between 25 July and 21 November 2022.
Round 2 – for short courses.
– Accepting applications between 11 May – 28 June 16.00 CET.
– Courses should start between 21 November 2022 and 20 February 2023.
Round 3 – for short courses.
– Accepting applications between 31 August – 11 October 16.00 CET.
– Courses should start from 20 February 2023 onward and must be completed before 31 August 2023.
Deadlines per institution
Please note that educational institutions may set a shorter deadline for application. Please consult your educational institution for the exact deadlines.
Check the Official Website now